Sunday, May 5, 2013

When you just need ice cream!! Pineapple Whip

Since following the Paleo logic I have learned that I am lactose intolerant.  BIG TIME.  I guess when you always live with pain in your gut, gas and bloating you think it's normal. 

Well my friends, cut dairy out of your diet for 30 days and then drink a big glass of milk.  Or have a bowl of your favorite ice cream.  Yikes

I will say I still struggle with cheese.  I can't seem to give it up completely.  In moderation,  I count it towards my 20%.

Dairy Milk - I can live without. Sour Cream - found a vegan replacement that works. Yogurt - didn't really like it to begin with.  Ice Cream - I found Pineapple Whip.

http://detoxinista.com/2013/02/pineapple-whip/


Ingredients:
1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and chopped
1 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon honey (optional, for authentic sweetness)
Directions:
First off, you’ll want to freeze the pineapple chunks. I chopped mine a day ahead of time, and froze the chunks overnight. You could also purchase frozen pineapple, if you prefer. As you can see from the picture below, the frozen pineapple reached the 6.5 – 7 cup mark on my blender pitcher.
This recipe works best in a high-speed blender, like the Vitamix, because you’ll need to be able to pulverize the pineapple into an ice-cream-like consistency. A normal blender will most likely not work, but a food processor might.
Duly note she says a blender most likely will not work.  I proved her wrong.  Almost broke my blender and had to fight with it the entire time, I almost chopped the metal fork into the mix but luckily it only bent the prongs.  If you have a vitamix great.  I'm going to stick to the blender.  To accomplish it I added more milk to allow the blender to mix it. The frozen pinapples are too much for the little blades. 

Still amazing and delishious. This was my photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!