Sunday, May 5, 2013

Porridge....It's not to hot or to cold...it's just right for Paleo

You can only eat eggs so many mornings.....just saying.  I needed a new quick and easy breakfast that filled me up.  This one did the trick.  It reminds me of CreamO'Wheat.  Only better.  I've cheated and added Stevia with fresh strawberries.  I've also used Almond milk as a substitute when I didn't have Coconut milk.

http://www.againstallgrain.com/2013/01/04/banana-nut-porridge/
 
#Whole30 Banana Nut Breakfast PorrdigeIngredients (yields 4 servings)

1/2 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup raw pecans
1 very ripe banana (makes it easier to digest plus adds a little more sweetness)
2 cup coconut milk
2 teaspoons cinnamon
dash of sea salt for soaking water

Directions
Place the nuts in a large bowl and sprinkle the sea salt over them. Fill the bowl with filtered water so the nuts are covered by at least 1 inch of water. Cover and soak overnight.
Drain the nuts and rinse 2 or 3 times, until the water runs clear.
Add the drained nuts to a food processor or high-speed blender. Blend the nuts with the banana, coconut milk, and cinnamon until smooth.
Divide it into bowls and microwave for 40 seconds or put all of the porridge in a pot on the stove and heat over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
Serve with raisins, chopped nuts, and an extra splash of milk if desired.

We have eaten ours with fresh strawberries. Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!