Sunday, May 19, 2013

Clean out the fridge, Dirty Eggs

Breakfast can be the most challenging meal to keep interesting.  It's not always easy to make something fresh when you have limited time in the morning. 

During the week you collect little left overs of things like broccoli, bacon, onions, handfuls of left over kale or mushrooms that just didn't make the recipe but are still good so you can't throw out. Well these little treasures are what makes up my "dirty eggs".  I also refer to them as "clean out the fridge eggs".

Throw what ever you have left over in a sauté pan, cook to desired tenderness, add scrambled eggs!  Walla

Dirty Eggs

I use how ever many eggs based on how much leftover stuff I have.  This batch I used about eight eggs. I whip them pretty good and add garlic and onion power along with salt and pepper before adding to the veggies.

This batch has broccoli, kale, spinach, bacon, and onion.

Other batches I've used mushrooms, sweet potato's, apples, you name it I've probably put in  eggs.  I've even used left over dinners and added it to eggs for breakfast.  Taco meat is good mixed in eggs and topped with fresh salsa.

I also mix up a batch of mayo and hot sauce for my eggs.  I only use Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce.

2 Tbls spoons mayo (the real stuff)
1 Tbl spoon hot sauce

I don't really measure but it's close to this mixture.  Add or  take away hot sauce based on your liking.

I have found that Dirty Eggs keep pretty good in plastic containers. They make good leftovers for the next day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!