Monday, May 6, 2013

Simple Shrimp Salad

PaleoOMG is one of my favorite sites.  Just about every recipe I've tried from this site has been good.  And I love some of her blogs.  

For this recipe I used the little baby salad shrimp and it worked out great.  I also used fresh herbs.  Yes I planted my herb garden yesterday and couldn't wait to use some. I kept everything else pretty much the same.
I made the salad yesterday and let the flavors fuse together overnight. Shrimp salad for dinner! Yum


http://paleomg.com/simple-shrimp-salad/

Simple Shrimp Salad
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Ingredients
  • 3 eggs, hard boiled, peeled, and chopped
  • 2 cups cooked and peeled shrimp, chopped
  • 1 green apple, cored and diced
  • ½ red onion, diced
  • 4 stalks of celery, diced
  • ¼ cup ground dijon mustard
  • 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon raw honey (optional- remove for 21DSD friendly)
  • ½ teaspoon parsley (I used dried, fresh is the best though)
  • ½ teaspoon thyme (I used dried, fresh is the best though)
  • ½ teaspoon basil (I used dried, fresh is the best though)
  • salt and pepper
Instructions
  1. First boil your eggs. Add three eggs to a small saucepan filled with water, place over high heat and let boil for 15 minutes. Then put eggs in cold water and let cool. Then peel and chop and add to a large bowl.
  2. Then chop your cooked shrimp, green apple, red onion, and celery and add to the bowl with eggs.
  3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!