Tuesday, May 21, 2013

K*I*S*S with a blade steak, asparagus and strawberry/walnut spring mix

Today was simple.

Blade steak - grilled in a cast iron frying pan in bacon grease.  Salt and pepper for seasoning.  We got the pan nice and hot, seared both sides for about 2-3 minutes each and then turned the heat down and let it cook about 10 min each side.  Searing is the important step to give it a nice crusty coating and lock in the juices.

Bacon wrapped Asparagus.  Uhhh.....take a piece of bacon and wrap it around an asparagus. Walla.  I baked at 400 about 20 min

Spring mix with chopped fresh strawberries, walnuts and a lite raspberry vinaigrette.

It doesn't get much easier this this folks.  Well maybe a little easier.

I'm sad to say the blade roast is one of the last cuts of meat we have from a half cow we bought last summer.  It was well worth the investment. Home grown, corn fed and delicious.  This year my goal is to buy grass fed as I hear their flavor is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!