It’s very savory and can easily become a favorite for you and your family.
This recipe serves about 2-3 people.
- Cooking oil (lard, tallow, or butter are three good choices) - I USED BACON GREASE
- 1/2 Lb stewing beef, cut in cubes - I CUBED A ROAST FROM OUR GRASS FED BEEF
- 2 medium onions, sliced;
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed and minced;
- 1 bell pepper, sliced;
- 2 tbsp paprika (this can be adjusted to taste, don’t be scared to use a lot of it);
- 2 tsp caraway seeds;
- 1 can chopped tomatoes (fresh tomatoes is even better);
- 1 1/2 cups of beef stock ;
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. You can also use a crock-pot, on low temperature.
- Brown the beef cubes in a pot with the cooking oil.
- Put the beef aside and now brown and soften the onions. Add the garlic and bell pepper and cook to soften about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Put back the beef to the pot and add the spices, tomatoes and stock.
- Put a lit on the pot and transfer to the hot oven or put the preparation in your crock-pot.
- Let it cook for about 2 hours to 2 1/2 hours, until the beef is fork tender.
I didn't use a crock pot - I used my stone roaster from Pampered Chef. The house smelled heavenly all afternoon from this dish cooking.
The meat was super tender and the flavor of the sauce was out of this world good. I'll make this again because it's better then just making a roast that can sometimes end up dry.
Because of the no grain rules of the Sane Challenge I ate it just like this in a bowl. For the non-paleo eating husband I served it up on a bed of white rice.