I started with the basic. Boneless chicken breast. I went organic this time. Since I'm focused on returning to clean eating because of my health, I thought if I'm going to do this.....lets do this right. However my pocket book after one trip to Heinens says we'll do this, but cautiously. It's not cheap to eat Organic.
I cubed the chicken and tossed it in the crock pot.
The onion, green pepper, garlic, tomato paste, coconut milk and seasonings went into my blender next. It worked pretty well, although I should have used the food processor. Oh well, less mess with the blender.
All that went into the crock pot over the chicken and I cranked it to high for about 4 hours. As the recipe instructs, I put two tablespoons of water and dissolved one tablespoon of corn starch into it.
During the last hour I mixed the corn starch water into the bubbling chicken curry and let it continue to cook.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 whole onion, peeled And halved
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 whole green bell pepper, seeded And quartered
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can coconut milk, switched to lite
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala (Indian Spice Mix)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-½ tablespoon cornstarch
I served over brown rice. Delish!
For the recipe I followed go to: http://swankydietitian.com/2011/12/16/slow-cooker-coconut-curry-chicken/