With the holiday dinner obligation over, I found myself with a large quantity of turkey leftover. The last holiday (Thanksgiving) I made an amazing "leftover" turkey soup. It was not Paleo so I can't post it here, but it was delicious. Threw the stuffing in and everything!
This time I chose the lighter fair and made a turkey salad. I believe I'll eat this for the next few days with no problem.
This is the recipe I followed with a few adjustments.
Chicken salad with grapes, apples and cranberries recipe
- 1 lb chicken breast; ( I used left over turkey!!! Chopped up into little pieces.)
- ½ cup dried cranberries;
- 1 cup celery, chopped;
- ¾ cup green grapes, halved;
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped;
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced; ( I left out since I would have enough fat in the mayo I used)
- 1 apple, peeled cored and chopped;
- 1 cup Paleo mayonnaise; (I used regular mayo, light. Not a whole cup, just enough to moisten it)
- 1 tsp lemon juice;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
I just took all the ingredients, threw them into a large mixing bowl and tossed it all together. I squeezed some lemon juice from a fresh lemon and salt an pepper to taste at the very end of mixing. The combination of flavors makes this really yummy.