I was a skeptic at first. Uncooked oatmeal and eggs? I ended up adding apples because what isn't good with apples cooked in it?
As always, I altered the recipe slightly. I used 1/2 cup of oats which is what was called for in the recipe without apples. oops. So I threw in a little more then 1/4 cup of diced apples and two eggs instead of one. It was bigger then what I could eat in one sitting but would be good if you were going to make two of them.
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancake
- 1 egg - cage free organic!!
- ¼ cup rolled oats - I used Bob's Red Mill http://www.bobsredmill.com/Oats
- ¼ cup finely chopped apple
- 1 Tbsp. California raisins -yuck, I left these out
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. vanilla - use only the real stuff
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, using a fork to scramble the egg into the mixture.
- Heat a small pan over medium heat and spritz with a little oil. (I used coconut oil because why not)
- Pour pancake mixture into pan. Use a spatula to flatten into a pancake shape.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on first side, then flip pancake. Cook 2 minutes on other side, then remove from pan and serve.
- Top with apples, raisins and yogurt if desired. (I topped mine with apples and pure maple syrup)