Sunday, June 1, 2014

Almond Butter with Dark Chocolate and Raspberries

Sometimes you just have to have Chocolate right?





When is eating clean the hardest? I find the 7-8 o'clock hour.  I developed the habit early on of eating in the evening after a full dinner.  I use to have junk food, cookies, cupcakes, CEREAL....anything sweet.

Naturally I still have this bad habit and fight it daily.  But on this day I was staring into the open fridge (as I often do) and saw the raspberries.  And next to it was almond butter.  I thought what could I do with these two items to make a sweet treat?  Then I remembered I had Ghirardelli Intense Dark 86% Cocao in the drawer. SCORE

I took about 2 TBls of almond butter and a small chunk of the chocolate and stuck it in the micro wave.  Then I dunk the raspberries in and savored the flavors.

Be careful, almond butter is high in natural fats so only a TBLs or two MAX.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!