Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers Day - Paleo Nut Candy

Happy Mothers Day. Today is good, following12 hrs of sleep I apparently needed, I'm feeling refreshed and energized.  Laundrys almost done, bedroom picked up, wings in the oven, bird bathed, cage cleaned, kitchen picked up and its just noon.

My husband gave me money to by the weight lifting shoes yesterday for Mother day. So excited I went to Dick's and with Andreas help I was able to purchase a pair of Rebox.  (I made friends with Andrea at Comet Crossfit. She works at Dick's and was nice enough to give me $20 off in coupons. Thanks Andrea!)  Then my daughter informs me that her and Gary also got me weight lifting shoes. They are coming in the mail.  It's nice to be loved.  I can't wait to see which ones they got me. I've determined when I return the pair Vince bought I'll turn around and get another pair of Nanos.   Winning!!

I'm working on this week menu and can't wait to make a few new recipes.  Bacon and Scallops is on the list.  While I'm researching I threw together a batch of Paleo Nut Candy.  I've made a version of this in the past with cayenne pepper for a spicy mix.  This time I'm keeping them sweet.
Be careful with these. Pre-package them in serving sizes of about 1/2 to 1/4 cup.  Otherwise you'll eat a whole bowl  and the fat content will defeat the purpose of eating healthy fats!! Ha Ha. It will be tempting to eat the whole bowl trust me.  Once they cool I'll add in some dried cranberries and blueberries (if the market has blueberries)


Be sure to remove from cookie sheet when you take out of the oven.  It hardens fast and you'll end up loosing some of it to pieces of tin foil. :-(

Paleo Nut Candy”
1/3 cup Honey (I’ve also been adding a little real maple syrup lately)
1/3 cup Coconut oil
1 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Cinnamon
5 cups of mixed nuts (I like to use salted nuts)
Anything else you want (raisins, coconut flakes, cranberries, dried cherries, etc.)
1.        Pre-heat oven 325
2.       Heat honey, oil,  nutmeg and cinnamon in sauce pan until it just starts to simmer.
3.       In a bowl, pour sauce over mixed nuts
4.       Mix nuts to cover with honey/oil
5.       Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 325 for 20 minutes.  I put wax paper or tinfoil on the cookie sheet to help with clean up.  (don’t wash bowl, set aside and use to let the nut mixture cool after they come out of the oven)
6.       Remove and let cool.
7.       Mix in extras
8.       EAT


Mothers Day 2009 - Her last one. Miss you Mom, everyday



More photos of Mom...Photos of Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!