Monday, May 20, 2013

Easy Monday with Burgers

I use to hate Mondays.  Now I look forward to them.  It usually means a chance to hit it hard at the gym following an active rest day Sunday.  Today's no exception.  I was introduced to bench pressing for the first time ever.  We've done a few floor press ME's but nothing on a bench.  The gym bought enough benches for each station at the rig.  I love our community and especially our coaches.  They really work hard to make the gym a great place.  Oh back to the bench press....146lb ME.  I was happy with it. 

The WOD was good.  5 pull ups, 10 push ups, 20 push downs and run to the stop sign.  I'm guessing 1/4 mile.  12 AMRAP.  I got 4 full rounds and only broke a few times at the stop sign.  My breathing is getting much better the more I run and my pull ups were unbroken butterflies for the first two rounds and then three/two for the last two.  Getting better!!  In case you don't know what a butterfly pull up is, watch the video.

 
 
Monday's are usually always hectic so dinner has to be simple. Tonight Lexus made burgers and sweet potato fries.  Family favorites.  We usually have plain burgers and make them breakfast burgers by adding a fried egg and bacon. I chose to make mine on a bed of massaged kale and use a few left overs I had in the fridge.
 
Nothing special to make the burgers and she used coconut oil to fry them.  Salt and pepper, a little garlic and onion powder.  To make the salad I took kale and broke up the leafs into small pieces and discarded the veins.  Covered it with some sea salt and gentle massages the salt into the leafs until the started to wilt and break down the salt crystals.    I did this yesterday evening so the kale was nice and soft and the salt was completely absorbed. 
I topped the kale with the hamburgers, some left over baked green beans, cucumbers, onion and a few hot peppers. 
A side of sweet potato fries and I'm full!

http://www.countryliving.com/recipefinder/oven-baked-sweet-potato-fries-3483

 Ingredients
  • 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper
  • 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
  • 2 large (about 1 1/2 pounds) sweet potatoes

  • Directions
    1. Prepare the sweet potatoes: In a small bowl, combine cumin, salt, and pepper. Set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Peel potatoes, cut each in half lengthwise, and cut each half into 6 wedges. In a large bowl, combine the cut potatoes, oil, and spice mixture. Toss until potatoes are evenly coated.
    2. Bake the fries: On a baking sheet, arrange potatoes in a single layer and place on the middle shelf of the oven. Bake until edges are crisp and potatoes are cooked through -- about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.


     
     
     
     
     
     
    

         

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!