Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Gluten Free Bread!!

One of my favorite places is Miller's Apple Hill.  Not only is it a great place to pick apples in the fall, it has a great bulk food store.  If  you're from this area check it out.  They carry all types of spices and  baking stuff. And now they stock, coconut oil, almond meal, coconut flour, flax seed...and more.  And the prices are awesome!!
 
So... those of you that know me, know I'll start a conversation with just about anyone. While I'm checking out the lady is commenting on the coconut oil and the good price. So we start chatting about eating healthier and staying away from flour and wheat. We talk about coconut flour (I was buying that too) and how she hasn't found many recipes that use it. I shared information about cookies we recently made with coconut flour.  She offered this great bread recipe she knew by heart! 
 
 
 
Now I will say the bread was dry.  Probably more dry then I would have liked.  But heat it up and add a little almond butter or cashew butter and it was yummy.  I didn't try it as a sandwich but it was firm enough to have worked. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!