Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Buffalo Chicken with Chive Yogurt Sauce!

Today I needed to use up ingredients that were in the fridge.  I had a handful of chicken tenderloins left and had no idea what to make.  For some reason on the way home I was trying to think of how to make them like buffalo style.  And I was wishing I could dip them in ranch dressing.....yum

Well lets be honest, no ranch dressing for this girl.  I was lucky enough to come across a paleo buffalo chicken recipe that had a delicious sauce that kind of reminded me of ranch dressing. So I gave it a try.

What I will tell you about the sauce....its good but I don't think I balanced the spices with the right amount of  yogurt.  Or just measured all wrong to begin with.  It was a little heavy in the spices and I would not use as much Cayenne as they suggest in the recipe.  The buffalo chicken and broccoli were hot enough.

I made broccoli for the vegetable part because that's all I had on hand.

Oh the hamburger looking patty, that's just some lean ground beef I had to use up, mixed with some diced green peppers left over from the egg muffins and some diced red onion.  A little salt and pepper and fried it in some bacon fat!

http://www.whatrunslori.com/2011/08/paleo-buffalo-chicken-tenders-with-chive-yogurt-sauce/

 

 

Buffalo Chicken Tenders and Veggies

  • 1.5 lbs chicken tenders
  • veggies of  your choice
  • 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 tsp each sea salt & freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together Frank’s sauce, olive oil, the garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Divide into two bowls. In one bowl, place washed and thickly chopped veggies, toss with a spoon to coat. In the other bowl, place chicken tenders into the sauce and again, toss to coat.
Line (or grease) two baking sheet with parchment paper and spread chicken tenders across one of the pans, the veggies on the other, spacing so they aren’t overlapping. Bake both chicken and veggies for 20-30 minutes, flipping once half way through.
Once veggies are slightly crisp and chicken is cooked through (may not be at the same time), remove from oven and serve with Chive-Yogurt Sauce.


Chive-Yogurt Sauce

  • 1 cup Greek yogurt
  • 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
  • 1 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder, and freshly ground pepper
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Combine all in a bowl, mixing thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!