Monday, October 7, 2013

Chicken Breast Prep Time

I found to be successful in eating right there is one thing you must never do.  RUN OUT OF FOOD.

If you don't have good food readily available to consume you are guaranteed to eat the wrong stuff.  Most things that are bad for you take 90 seconds to heat in the microwave right?  

To help combat this I try to always plan meals and prep food for the week of eating.  This is usually done on Sunday but there have been week nights I've cooked a few items with no intention of eating them that night. 

This is one of my favorite and simplest tricks.  Buy your bulk fresh chicken breasts from the market. Clean them, trim visible fat from them and put them in individual zip lock baggies.  Yep, one in each bag.    Choose a variety of seasoning from the pantry.  I like to mix it up and make several different flavored packets.

You can add a very small amount of olive oil or coconut oil to each bag with a breast in it.  Then add you favorite herbs and seasoning, mush it around to make sure the seasoning is evenly spread on the chicken.  Then store in  the fridge for a quick meal.  Or  freeze for later use.

When it's time for a quick meal, grab a chicken breast bag, grill it up or bake it.  I use this great little griller stone from Pampered Chef.  In about 5 minutes you a delicious cooked chicken breast!  Pair it with some steamed broccoli and fresh fruit and you have a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!