Monday, October 21, 2013

Chicken Fajitas



http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/easy-chicken-fajitas

I modified this recipe slightly and I show it with italic font on items I changed.
  1. 1 Tablespoon Chipotle Chile Pepper
  2. 1/2 Tablespoon Regular Chile Pepper
  3. 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  4. 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  5. 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  6. 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  7. 1 tablespoon arrow root powder
  8. 1/4 cup water
  9. 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  10. 6 chicken tenderloins, cut into strips and pieces.
  11. 1 green bell pepper—cored, seeded and cut into thin strips
  12. 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
  13. sprinkle of true lime, crystallized lime
  14. Shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, and salsa for serving  I didn't have any on hand but would have used it if I did.  If I had avocado and fresh tomatoes I would have used these also.

  1. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the chile powder with the salt, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, arrow root powder, water and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the chicken, bell pepper and onion, seal and knead gently to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
  2. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet until shimmering. Empty the contents of the bag into the skillet and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with true lime. 
I cooked it in two batches. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!