Friday, October 4, 2013

Beefuna Burgers!!

Day two of forced rest days.  Yes that's right.  I'm paying for a gym membership and am not allowed to go work out.  My trainer says I have no filter so he's going to be my filter. He banished me for the week.  UGGGG

He's right.  I have some mild irritation's going on in my wrist and neck that are causing me grief while lifting.  No reason to risk injury so I'm "resting".  No lifting stuff, no shoveling truck loads of wood chips (which I think caused the neck issue) I have basically gone to work and sleep and made a couple meals. 

It's amazing what Crossfit does do you though.  As the work day drew to a close today,  I actually got anxiety about what I was doing after work.  I really wanted to work out but I knew better since my morning was spent in a 30 minute adjustment appointment.  I decided to go to the gym and just watch.  That was fun since I don't ever get to watch my fellow Crossfitters because I'm in the middle of the WODs with them.  It was a good one today. We started Deep Water Fridays last week and today was called "500".  Yep, 400meter run followed by 100 reps of each, push ups, slam balls, sit ups, jump squats and double unders.  Yikes!  No mixing it up either you had to complete the 100 reps before moving to the next movement.  It was hard to watch because I wanted to do it!!  Everyone did awesome. 

I'm also on day five of eating clean in preparation for a Masters competition I'm in next weekend. I've stayed strict this week with no grains and next week I'll move into super strict with meat and veggies only, five meals super charged with protein and carbs and very little fat.  The program I was introduced to by Eatalogy back in August.

Today I found a really yummy recipes for two things you almost always have on hand.  Ground Beef and Tuna!   That's right.  Who'd a thought those two could be so good together.    They are true Paleo"ish" because it does have sweet pickle relish in it.  That's a big no no because of the sugar.  I have to find an alternative to mimic the flavor somehow.  But for now....it worked.

  They really turned out delicious to my surprise.  I cooked them on the Foreman grill and left them on a little longer which did something to the tuna and relish that made it oh so good. Oh and I used two 5 oz cans of tuna which gave it more tuna flavor.  And of course no bun.

I paired it with a fresh spring mix/spinach salad with red onions and strawberry and a splash of balsamic dressing.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/bills-beefuna-burgers/



1 1/2 pounds ground round (I used the lean stuff)                                                  
 
               

Directions

  1. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. When grill is hot, lightly oil the grate.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, tuna, onion, and relish. Season with seasoning salt and pepper to your liking. Form the meat mixture into 6 patties.
  3. Place patties on the hot grill, and cook for 6 to 9 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Serve on buns with the usual toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!