Tuesday, January 15, 2019

How to Eat a Pomegranate - Make Chia Seed Pudding to go with it!!







Pomegranate is a great way to get antioxidants and other beneficial nutrients our bodies lack.

 https://www.medicaldaily.com/pomegranate-health-benefits-fruit-helps-protect-against-plaque-hunger-and-certain-340020

I feel its such a neglected food.  I honestly have never bought one.  I've bought the seeds but they are incredibly expensive to buy just the seeds. 


So when my good friend Marvin gave me a fruit basket for Christmas, it included one of these fabulous fruits! I never understood how to get the seeds out of the fruit until now.  The method in this video worked like a charm!!

Then the question became, what do I eat these with?  Just by themselves they are okay but lacking flavor.  I didn't want to dive into make juice as that seems labor intensive.  So I opted for using them as a topping for some of my favorite go to treat, Chia Seed Pudding!!

 I've made this pudding so many times now I can do it without looking up a recipe. But for the sake of this blog I added a link below that will take you to one to follow.  Or go back a few blogs and view the last time I blogged Chia Seeds pudding.







Its super easy.  I usually use Almond and Coconut milk but this time I used my new favorite Fairlife lactose free milk and added almond butter and Maca powder to give it an extra punch!
https://www.nzhealthfood.com/product/maca-powder-benefit




 This recipe for Chia Seed pudding is pretty basic and easy !
https://www.eatingbirdfood.com/basic-chia-seed-pudding/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!