Monday, June 10, 2013

Smoothie Day

Easy Smeezy Smoothie Day!

I didn't take a picture because everyone knows what a smoothie looks like. Right?   After a jammed packed weekend of fun and Crossfit, this girl did not want to make dinner.  Which would have equaled making a mess. Which would have required me to clean the mess.  So no.

But here is its. Purple Green Smoothie

I added frozen bananas and about 20 ice cubes to make it more frozen. 

By the way let me just tell you about my weekend.  Some of us from Blind Dog decided to go to the Crossfit Central East Regionals this weekend down in Columbus.  It was like a grown up slumber party!  We traveled down Friday and attended events all day Saturday and Sunday.  What an amazing community.  I've never been anywhere with so much positive energy, motivation and absolutely "fit" bodies in my life.  The athletes who competed were unbelievable.  Crossfit records were broken almost every event.  Rich Froning is mesmerizing to watch.  And not just because he has the most perfect body and face on earth but because of his incredible endurance, strength and ability. And the grace in which he competes and the support of his fellow athletes.  The guy is amazing.

As were all the athletes who competed.  Just being around them gave me motivation to improve my own abilities and strengths.   And the best part of this whole experience? It's not about how you look, what you're wearing, whose got designer purses.  Its not about impressing anyone with material trivia things. It's about being fit, being active, being strong. Being the best you can be and seeing how you measure up to others in these areas.  Who wouldn't want to be a part of something that has a winning outcome even if you lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!