Sunday, June 2, 2013

Walnut Cookies - also good as Paleo Cereal

A while ago I made a recipe for Walnut cookies.  They didn't turn out so good as cookies.  They were dry and boring.  Being the kind of person who doesn't want to waste food I decided to throw a few in bowl, heated them in the micro and poured almond milk over it.  Paleo cereal was born!!  They were crunchy because I think I over cooked them, but the milk helped soften them to perfectness.

I tried the recipe again today and I'd have to say they came out more like cookies this time! But I still had a bowl of them with milk!!  Yummy





http://www.preppypaleo.com/2013/01/grain-free-honey-walnut-cookies.html

Grain-Free Honey & Walnut Cookies

3 cups raw walnuts
2 tbs. coconut flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tbs. honey
4 tbs. melted ghee, butter or coconut oil (I used coconut oil)
1/2 tsp. salt
3 egg whites, whipped into stiff peaks

Preheat oven to 320. Combine all ingredients except egg whites in a blender or food processor. Combine until smooth (you will need to scrape down the sides a couple of times to ensure all of the nuts gets churned up).

Gently fold in egg whites. Drop onto a greased or Silpat-lined baking sheet.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or just turning golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!