Monday, June 3, 2013

Turkey Mini Meatloafs and Kale w/ black beans

Four more days and I get to see the love of my life...we'll okay the love of my greatest fantasy.  The Regional Crossfit games are in Columbus this weekend!! I can't wait.  Not only will I get to see Rich Froning but I'll get to spend some quality time with fellow Blind Doggers.  (And sleep with a V-Rex)  www.blinddoggym.com






Todays dinner was surprisingly good.  I'm not a big fan of turkey but if seasoned just right it's not bad.  I found a low calorie menu that had mini turkey loafs with green beans.  I didn't want to do the beans so I swapped it with the side from another low calorie menu item.  I modified them slightly to make it a little more Paleo.  

A splash of steak sauce and some black beans make the "ish" is this Paleo-ish meal.

Mini Turkey Meatloaf

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Sauté 2 tablespoons minced yellow onion (I only had shallots so I used those) and 1 garlic clove, minced, in a small skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray for 2 minutes; remove from heat. Add 5 ounces lean ground turkey, 2 teaspoons skim milk, (I left out) 1/2 beaten egg, 3 tablespoons whole wheat bread crumbs, ( I used almond flour) 1 teaspoon mustard, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, (didn't have it so I used steak sauce) and 1 teaspoon capers; mix to combine. Place turkey mixture in a small muffin tin coated with nonstick cooking spray; bake 15 minutes ( I baked about 25 min)

 

Kale with Black Beans

Saute 1 garlic clove, minced, in 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium skillet for 1 minute. Add 2 cups shredded kale, 1/4 cup grated carrot, and 1/2 cup black beans; cook 2 minutes. Mix in 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar and cook until heated through. 
 
I didn't really modify the kale recipe expect I doubled it.  This was amazingly good.  It tasted way better then it looked or smelled. 
 
This one will defiantly get repeated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!