Sunday, June 2, 2013

Guacamole - Cheater Style

When you have a hankering for some Guacamole and you don't have a lot of time, use a good chunky salsa and mix it with your avocado!

I have one of those Braun hand mixers.  It makes avocado perfect for guacamole. 

One avocado peeled, pitted, and mashed.
about three tablespoons of salsa.  The amount will depend on how big the avocado is and your personal taste.  I like to taste the avocado so I'm careful to not put too much in.

Mix well and serve immediately.  Today I whipped this up before preparing dinner and ate it all while making dinner! 

Also be careful with buying jarred salsa. Now that I read ingredients, I'm amazed how many of them have added sugar and other things I can't pronounce.  Be sure to read before you buy!  You also want to make sure you don't buy one that's too soupy.  It makes the guacamole too mushy and watered down. yuck.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!