Monday, July 29, 2013

We'll I'm back!! On a Paleo Zone eating Plan for 4 weeks.

Well...Didn't I just take a break.  So much has happened in a short period of time.  To make a long story short, I fell off the nutritional wagon and went stale in my workouts.  Even though I participated in two events during my absence of blogging, they were not stellar performances.

Crossfit Cleveland (http://www.crossfitcleveland.com/) had invited me to a seminar event for Eatology. (http://eateatology.com/) It's a Crossfit community based company that offers pre-made meals and a white board nutrition program to help "train" you in the Paleo Zone eating.  Just what I needed.  So I went. 

WOW

So a little bit of money later I walked out with a week worth of frozen meals perfectly balanced for 2 blocks and a subscription to their White Board Nutrition that would train me over 4 weeks by providing me tools, guides and personal review of everything I'm eating.

So my journey has begun and the my success after two weeks is 8lbs roughly.  Broke the weight scale that has been stuck for half a year and feel the best I've ever felt.  Even better then when I switched to Paleo.

Is it working?  YES  I chose not to buy all pre-made meals so I've been cooking with my Paleo knowledge and clean eating habits and building my own block meals.  I found I'm pretty good at it. We'll I'm getting better.  So here is a sample of the first day of meals that I reported to my nutrition coach.

  • Meal 1 - 2 blocks 8:20am
  • 1/2 C cottage cheese (lowfat)
  • 1 C strawberries
  • 3 almonds
  • 16 oz water
  • Had hard time finishing in one sitting. Ended up finishing meal over about 30 minutes.
  •  
  • Meal 2 - 1 block 10:30am
  • 1 hardboiled egg (large)
  • 1/2 pita pocket
  • 2 tsp Mayo with splash hot sauce
  • 16 oz water
  •  
  • Meal 3  - 2 blocks 1:15pm
  • 1 oz ground meat seasoned
  • 1 oz chedder cheese
  • 1 Tbl each raw onion & tomato
  • 1 Corn tortilla
  • 2 Tbl avocado
  • Coconut water 8 oz
  •  
  • 2:30ish HUNGRY - Mild gas & bloating - tired, started yawning
  •  
  • Meal 4 - 2 blocks 4:00pm
  • Eatology Meal
  • 16 oz water
  •  
  • 5:30pm WOD - 5 rounds 1/4mile run, 24 wall balls. - very tired and lost stamina early.  Could be from recovery from competition over weekend and that time of month. Plus it was 90 degrees out.
  •  
  • Meal 5 - 2 blocks 7:58pm
  • 2 oz poached chicken breast diced
  • 1/1/3 C zucchini &  yellow squash cooked in 2 Tbl  olive oil, onion, tomato, garlic Italian seasoning
  • 3/8 C applesauce
  •  
  • 8:38pm  Still Hungry but going to bed and drinking water
  •  
  • Thanks!  Anxious for how I'm doing?  Roasted Turkey baking for tomorrow
 
Not to bad I thought.  I followed pretty much a similar menu the whole week and this is what I was told.
  • I see a few adjustments on your logs that will make a big difference. Since catching you on the phone could be tricky like you mentioned in your previous email, you are welcome to call me on the WBN Hotline, xxx-xxx-xxxx. 5min of clarification on a few areas is really all we need to direct your journey and set attainable goals for the weekend. Talk to you soon! 
 
After a phone call and some goal setting, I was told....
  •  I believe meal construction will not be challenging for you in a proportion view but I do see some changes we could make in meal items that will contribute to quality recovery and promotion of performance gain. You will want to cut out all grain products for a start. I will explain there affects and a few other areas for concentration tomorrow when you call. Keep up the great work on logging. This detail is great! 
So began the Paleo-ish Zone and I dutifully started to cut out grains. 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!