Monday, July 29, 2013

Paleo Zone Strength to Weight Test

Part of the nutritional training is setting goals that can be measured.  Since endurance and speed seems to be my weakness I decided to work on this.  And since my body fat percentage compared to my lean body mass is still pretty high, we decided to focus the nutritional balance of my meals to help reduce body fat.

I did a quick WOD to give me a bench mark.
  • 1 round each, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 Air squat, push up, sit up.  5:33 time. 
Holy old lady.

The optimal time is like 2:43seconds or something crazy like that.  The standard time for body weight movement should be 1 second per rep.  HAHAHAHAHAHA

Okay so it gives me something to measure.

Then I get this email about my meals....I knew it was coming.
  • Thank you for the test results. This show that one our focuses should be gaining performance speed. By doing so we will want to lower your body fat percent. Dairy is a product I have seen consistently on your log plus multiple times a day. This item promotes weigh gaining and is only advised with special provision to clients adding weight. Until we get you to a maintenance stage I will recommend to cut out dairy as much as possible to reach your goals. 
  • Have you had any performance changes?
So Week 2 I cut out my simple little pleasures of cottage cheese and American cheese.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!