Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Mustard-Soy Braised Pork Chops With Celery


This was really yummy.  I don't have any photos because I made it awhile ago.  It worked out to be a good zone meal since the sauce counted as a fat.  I added another block of carbs and was good to go.  Keeping in mind I measured out 2 oz of the meat for each zone meal.

Mustard-Soy Braised Pork Chops With Celery

1 lb boneless sirloin pork chop, about 3/4 - 1 inch thick
  • 7 -8 celery ribs, chopped into 2 inch bias cuts (I only used about 3)
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon mustard  I used stone ground Dijon                                     
  • 1/2-1 tablespoon chili paste with garlic (available in Chinese markets and some grocery stores)     I didn't have this so I used chili pepper paste and garlic paste I had  on hand.  I thought it was similar enough and it worked.  You get it in the produce section.                                   
  • 1 tablespoon oyster sauce   I did not have this so I left it out..                                                  
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
  • vegetable stock
  • Directions:

    1. Season the pork chops with very little salt and considerably more black pepper, and sear in a medium sauté pan over medium high heat for 2 minutes per side. 
    2. In a bowl or measuring cup, whisk the soy sauce, mustard, chili-garlic paste, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and salted black beans into the vegetable stock.
    3. Pour the seasoned stock into the pan with the seared pork chops, bring to a low boil and lower the temperature to as low as the stove will allow. 
    4. Add the celery and simmer for 1 hour.
    5. Serve in a bowl with plain white or brown rice

    http://www.food.com/recipe/mustard-soy-braised-pork-chops-with-celery-417532

    This is me and Steph Liptak with Brigid Burzanko.  She's a member of Coca Crossfit that has successfully battled breast cancer.  They hosted an I am Stronger Partner Competition to raise money to help her with medical bills.  It was an awesome event and Steph was an awesome partner. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!