Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Elimination Diet Day 3

So after a couple days of my program, failure at it's finest.  But also how I dealt with it.

Sugar addiction is a real thing.  Addiction to our standard American diet is a real thing.  Addiction period is real.  It's not a will power thing, it's not that I'm weak or lazy, or that I just need to exercise more and eat less.  It's a real chemical reaction in my body, backed by science evidence that shows what happens to our systems when we eat sugar, refined carbohydrate loaded foods that spike our insulin and other compounds in our body that make it near impossible to just quit.

I approached this journey with an attitude that I'm battling an addiction.  I'm no different then an alcoholic.  I need professional help as well as surrounding myself with like minded people who will support me.  I needed to remove myself from places of temptation, similar to an alcoholic not going to a bar, I stopped going out to eat.  I asked my family to not bring trigger foods into the home during this time, such as bread or pasta.  Like an alcoholic's home, you don't bring over a six pack for dinner, don't bring me bread, cake or cookies.

I enlisted health care professionals like the Cleveland Clinic Functional Medicine Department and utilized kinesiology and acupuncture/pressure to help curb my cravings and keep my body in balance.

I committed to 8 weeks, not a lifetime.

What I'm finding out after the 8 weeks is life changing.  Keep watching to see my progress.  My goal on a grander scale is to start the sugar addicts anonymous (SAA) group in this area and maybe develop it into a real program that can help others.  Through social media, blogs like this, online support and other ways maybe I can  help others with my journey.

First, I have to overcome my own addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!