Thursday, February 22, 2018

Chia Seed Pudding

I would love to take credit for some of this but I can't.  I can only take credit on trying things, fine tuning it to my liking and then re-sharing it with all of you.

This treat was inspired by BRIGID TITGEMEIER, MS, RDN, LD.  You can learn more about her at  https://beingbrigid.com/

I participated in a free 4 week reset she hosted called the Healthyselfreset and during the 4 weeks she provided meal plans that were in compliance with the elimination program for the most part.   Although I couldn't participate in the program as strict as I would have liked to, I did participate in many of the meals she provided. 

This was one of my favorites for breakfast or a refreshing snack, packed with fat!  32grams per serving.

Ingredients

for the pudding
1 can full fat coconut cream/milk
2 Tbsp collagen protein powder
2 cups unsweetened nut milk (I used almond milk)
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

for the topping
1 cup frozen berries (I used blackberries I had frozen fresh from the summer)
little splash of water
1/4 teas orange zest
1/4 teas vanilla extract
arrow root if needed

(Brigid's recipe has for topping, 1 cup frozen berries, 1/2 cup unsweentened nut milk and 1/2 water. Blend in blender until smooth)


In a medium size bowl, add the chia seeds, coconut cream/milk, collagen, nut milk and vanilla extract.  Whisk together well and place bowl in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.  For best results let it sit overnight.  Also be sure to whisk well. The collagen tends to get clumpy when first wet.

For the topping, place berries in small sauce pan and begin to heat on med/low  until berries are thawed and bubbling, add water if needed and a splash of vanilla extract, let simmer to thicken.  If needed add a teas of arrow root to thicken.  Add orange zest and mix well.  Let cool completely.

Put equal amounts of pudding into mason jars and top with berries.  Enjoy immediately or over the next couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!