Tuesday, February 20, 2018

The Elimination Diet Day 1

Back in September I started a new and different journey of health and nutrition.  After two years of being on a waiting list, I finally had an appointment with Cleveland Clinic Functional Medicine Department.  If you are not familiar with Functional Medicine, look it up and find a doctor in your area that practices this way.  It's a life changer.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/departments/functional-medicine

I wanted to do video blogs to track my progress.  It pretty much tells the story.  In the beginning I did them more often to tell hold me accountable.  But then habits became part of my lifestyle so the blogs are few and far between now.  Everyday is a struggle and I find the slope a slippery one that you can easily slide out of control if you are not careful.  Some days I win, some days the world wins.  But overall I'm on the right path, feeling better, looking better and ultimately preventing history from repeating itself.  (my mother)

If you want to follow my journey, this is the place.  This is the beginning.  In between the video blogs I'll post recipes and ideas I've learned along the way that have helped me.  I hope my story helps in whatever path you are on in life.  If it inspires you or just gives you a place of reference for a good recipe then I'm doing what I set out to do.




3 comments:

  1. Susie, there is not video attached. I am very interested in this topic. Can you please share the Dr you saw and what your thoughts are. Did insurance cover this type of treatment or is it self pay? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So weird. Let me figure out why you can't see video and then I'll answer your questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, thank you, I just watched the video. It was great, count me in on your sugar addiction support group!!! I live in Amherst and would love to meet for coffee and an update on your story if you’re so inclined. My email is photogirl67@gmail.com thank you

      Delete

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!