Monday, June 29, 2015

12 Paleo "ish" Crock Pot Freezer Meals

Making clean meals everyday is by far the greatest challenge in eating right.  The busy lifestyles we live makes it hard to have time to "make" food on a daily basis. At least for me it is.  When I make the time to prep and plan meals I am pretty good at eating clean.  The moment I run out food, fail to plan what I'm eating the next day, or not have anything ready to make quickly is the moment I fall back into old bad habits.   It's a terrible cycle I will continue to battle  until I stop the roller coaster. 

This project is something I've not tried before but have heard many people say its  great. 
Make ahead meals for the crock pot
Here's the experiment.  I spent the whole day Sunday making food.  I ended up with 12 freezer meals to make in the crock pot.  Each day I'll make one and post a blog on that meal.  Letting you know the good or bad and any adjustments that need to be made.
This is just half the food....filled up every counter top and most of the fridge!

















All I did was dice up the food and put it into freezer bags labeled.  Everything was raw for the most part and easy to prep and put together. 


 The menu
1. Taco Chili
2. Thai Chicken Wings w/ Peanut Sauce
3. Italian Sausage w/ peppers and onions
4. White Chicken Chili
5. Honey Sesame Chicken
6. Teriyaki Chicken
7. Beef Stew
8. Southwest Chicken
9. Cheeseburger soup
10. Mexican Fiesta Chicken
11. Spinach and Salsa Chicken
12. South West Flank Steak




The meals in the list were paleo "ish".  
Many of them have beans or corn and maybe an add in like cheese.  The canned items I made sure to pick whole ingredients.  For example the salsa was all fresh with no added sugars.  So be sure to READ LABELS to insure you keep the contents clean.

I'll vary how it's served for myself and my husband since he's not paleo by any degree.  So I'll eat mine over a bed of spinach, he'll eat his with tortilla chips or rice. So it's great if you have diversity in the home and need to have variables.  Make both parties happy :-)

Here's the website I followed.....
http://www.graciouslysaved.com/2013/08/12-easy-paleo-ish-crock-pot-meals.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!