Sunday, November 3, 2013

Hearty Beef Soup - Souper Sunday!!

I made this soup last weekend and it's back for another week!  It was that good. 


When I made it last weekend, I took some over to my friends to share.....by the time I drove the 5 minutes back to my house, this picture was posted on Facebook with a thank you.  It was that good.


  • 1 lb stewing beef;
  • 2 tbsp. bacon fat
  • 4 cups beef stock
  • 1 cup onion, chopped;
  • 1 cup celery, chopped;
  • 3 carrots, peeled and chopped;
  • 1 28oz can diced tomatoes;
  • ½ tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped;
  • ½ tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped;
  • Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;

  • In a large saucepan over a medium-high heat, combine the onions, celery, and carrots as well as the cooking fat. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
     
    Add the beef to the saucepan, followed by the tomatoes, beef stock, rosemary and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

    Cover the saucepan and cook for about one hour, allowing the stew to simmer. Stir a few times during the cooking process.

    Remove the lid and cook uncovered for about 45 minutes.

    I boiled white potato's separately and add them when served for my husband.  This keeps the starchy potato stuff out of the soup and keeps it Paleo.  This photo has them in it along with some delicious garlic bread from Kiedrowskis Bakery.
     
    http://paleodietlifestyle.com/hearty-beef-stew/

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!