Sunday, November 3, 2013

Pumpkin Banana Bread - Paleo

This time of year I love pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin anything. So having a new lifestyle of eating has caused some challenge with enjoying my favorite fall treats.  So I went on a search for yet another Paleo "bread".

http://nutritiontransitions.blogspot.com/2013/10/october-pumpkin-series-paleo-pumpkin.html

It was easy to mix up and bake.

It's more like a cake then a bread.  The flavor is really good.  I might try using egg in the next batch to see if I can get it to stick together better.  I also might use more pumpkin.  It's dry.

But....the flavor is good and when heated it's really good.



Paleo Pumpkin Bread

Ingredients:
2/3 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or ginger, nutmeg, etc. will also do)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin
2-3 small very ripened bananas
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup almond milk
1/2 cup nuts or raisins (optional, I sprinkled some pecans on top)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine dry ingredient (coconut flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice).
Combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl (pumpkin, bananas, honey, vanilla, almond milk) and mix until smooth.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
Spray pan with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
Spoon batter into bread pan and sprinkle pecans (if desired) on top.
Cook bread 35-45 minutes  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!