Monday, February 3, 2014

Homemade Hummus - Roasted Red Pepper and Garlic

It's been a while since I've posted and it's about time I get back on it.  The last couple months have not been awesome. Last weeks visit to the doctor has put 15 lbs on me in the last three months.  YIKES.  I'm feeling its a combination of things and nothing to be alarmed by. (I hope)  Blood work this week to be sure and restarting some medication I went off for awhile should get me back on track.  I have also identified a left side weakness from a couple main muscles.  I probably have had it for awhile but with such focus on my shoulder rehab I didn't notice it.  So begins the left side rehab.  

Also I think I'm getting closer to the point in my life where I don't resort back to bad habits and denial of where I'm at in life. My life, my body, my abilities are what they are and although the last two years have been a journey of discovery, now it's time for acceptance. In two years I've made changes to my life in huge strides. Now my changes will come in smaller strides. My goals have to be set to achieve them. We shall see!!!!
Today I want to share my newest obsession....

That's right.  I got one!  And so far I've only trialed it a few times and made some pretty awesome and some pretty nasty tasting drinks.  This week I begin the 100% plunge into the Magic Bullet get healthy plan!

Tonight I tried the homemade hummus recipe they have.  At first taste it's not bad!  I added some roasted red peppers to it.   I have fresh veggies and whole wheat pita bread cut up to take to work tomorrow.  I'm excited because I think after it sits for a while it's going to be awesome!

2 gloves garlic - I used three, they were small
2 cups canned chick peas, rinsed and drained well - it ended up being one can
1 tsp sea salt
Juice of 2 lemons - every bit I could squeeze out
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil. (I added a little more at the end because it was very thick)
1 roasted red pepper from a jar of them.  it was about 1/4 panel of one pepper.

Then I cut up one of the peppers and put on top for "look" and extra texture.

Better then any hummus dip you buy with additives!!!!!!


















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!