Sunday, February 9, 2014

Baba Ganoush - Need a spread for wraps? Or to dip veggies?


Baba Ganoush - Looks gross but it's really good.

1/2 Large Eggplant
1 tbs Tahini
1 tbs lemon juice
1 garlic clove
pinch of chili powder
1 tbs olive oil
salt to taste


Preheat oven to 400
Slice eggplant in half lengthwise and brush with olive oil.  Place on foil lined sheet and bake for 45 mins until soft.  
Allow it cool, then scoop out insides and combine in Magic Bullet cup with the other ingredients except the oil and salt.  Blend
Add olive oil and blend again
Add salt to your taste.

This was more challenging because it was thick.  I had to use what they call the tap method to keep the ingredients at the bottom of the bullet.  But once it was blended....it was good.  And I don't like eggplant. yuck.  

I made a whole wheat wrap sandwich for lunch. I took the Baba Ganoush and spread it on the wrap. Added spinach, red onion, sliced green and yellow peppers and baked asparagus that I had made.  Wrapped iti up and just like that I had good for you lunch.  Ate it with some grapes. 

I'm sure this mixture could be done in a food processor just the same. FYI 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!