Sunday, October 29, 2017

Cinnamon Apple Quinoa Breakfast


This is a great chilly morning porridge.  It makes for a great alternative to oatmeal and has just enough sweetness you could serve as a dessert!!

I will be making this again, trying different flavors such as nutmeg, or adding bananas. (when I can eat bananas again).

The honey was a nice addition of sweetness.  Apples were cooked perfect.  I cooked almost exactly 25 minutes after it boiled.  Super low heat for simmer and I kept the lid closed until the time was done.  



Here is the inspiration
https://www.simplyquinoa.com/cinnamon-apple-breakfast-quinoa/




Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup quinoa
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • large apples
  • teaspoons cinnamon
  • Honey

    
NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size
Amount Per ServingAs Served
Calories 279kcalCalories from fat 27
% Daily Value
Total Fat 3g5%
Saturated Fat 0g0%
Sodium 12mg1%
Carbohydrate 60g20%
Dietary Fiber 10g40%
Sugars 23g
Protein 7g
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie n

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!