Monday, October 23, 2017

Blueberry Bliss Balls (BLUE BALLS)

Blueberry Bliss Balls  (or blue balls)

Here's the inspiration  I used;

https://physicalkitchness.com/3-ingredient-paleo-blueberry-bliss-balls/

I made two batches. Both with frozen blueberries.  I am not recommending this as the flavor of true blueberry cannot really be tasted.  I am going to make another batch with fresh blueberry and am banking on improved flavor.

The first batch I followed the recipe and it was too mushy.  I had to add more coconut as I was rolling them to keep them from being a sticky mushy mess.

The second batch I added more coconut flour and cashew butter.  It improved texture in the food processor and was easier to form balls.  I also added a bit of vanilla extract to improve the flavor. 

I'm finding them to still be lacking in flavor.  Jessica tried them today and suggested adding a pinch of nutmeg.  I'm going to try it next batch.   If it works and I like it, I'll update the blog.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries  (I used frozen, thawed, but am not recommending)
  • ½ cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
  • 2 tablespoons cashew butter (I buy fresh from the farm market)
  • optional: coconut flour (roughly 2 tablespoons)

I added a splash of pure vanilla extract and used the coconut flour in both batches.



Instructions

  1. Combine the fresh blueberries, shredded coconut, and cashew butter in a food processor and blend until well combined
  2. If the blueberries used are ripe and very juicy, you will likely need to add roughly 2 tablespoons of coconut flour to make the balls moldable
  3. Scoop out the mixture and roll into balls. The mixture will be slightly wet, yet still able to hold a ball shape
  4. Refrigerate for at least 5-10 minutes before serving. If desired, roll the balls into more shredded coconut after they've chilled a few minutes
  5. Store in the refrigerator













No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!