Saturday, February 14, 2015

Baked Green Beans (and another round of Mushrooms & Pork Chops)

Happy Valentines Day

Today started off great.  Had an early morning ultra sound (darn middle age) and at 10am Girl Power at the gym.  Now let me remind you, my gym is awesome.  The owners do all the programming and are amazing to say the least.
EMOM (forgot, maybe 8 min)
pull to snatch position 2
pull to snatch position 2
hang snatch
hang snatch

Then we worked up to a heavy 3 rep snatch.  My back was bothering me so I just went for ME (1rep)
I've been at 95lb for over a year.  I hit 105 lbs one time back in June.  Today......
110 lbs
HELL YEAH
It felt good and probably could have gotten more, but what I learned over the last 6 months or so is patience.  Slow and steady wins the race.  
This is me^^^^ during the EMOM

DINNER
I repeated the pork chops and mushrooms because it was so yummy last time.  Today I served with baked green beans.  Simple easy and yummy.
How to make crispy roasted Green Beans
 
t
Prep time
Cook time
Total time
 
Ingredients
  • 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
  • 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning
  • ½ tsp garlic powder
  • ½ tsp chili flakes
  • Salt and Pepper

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 425°.
  2. Place a jellyroll pan in oven for 10 minutes.
  3. In a medium bowl, place green beans and all the ingredients.
  4. Mix well everything together.
  5. Arrange green bean mixture in a single layer on preheated baking sheet.
  6. Bake for about 8 minutes or until crisp-tender.


Here are some shots of the Pork Chops and Mushrooms. The recipe is a few blogs back.  But here's the link again.  http://www.paleocupboard.com/pork-chops-with-mushroom-sauce.html









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!