Let me just tell you...this is a favorite. It reminds me of Chicken Sausage. I made mine slightly larger and for the Non Paleo family members I made Panini's with cheese on chabata bread. ( I have no idea how to spell in case you haven't picked up on that reading my blogs.) I didn't really alter the recipe, however my apples were not organic. I did use raw honey. Easy to make, easy to fry up. I used the G. Foreman grill, but I'm sure the big grill would have made them better.
They were also very yummy cold....and reheated three days later. The website gives freezing directions. Check it out!
- 2 apples, preferably organic, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup celery, thinly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons honey, raw
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled