Thursday, August 1, 2013

Meal Prep Night! Zone Paleo Fast Track



LOOK WHAT CAME TODAY!! Custom made to fit my feet.  Mothers day gift from the children.  I'm so lucky.  Now give me some heavy shit to lift.......

My nutrition coach asked me if I was okay with where I was or did I want them to hold me accountable and dial it in another notch.  I'm always up for a challenge so of course I said go for it.  Besides one can not get better by "being okay" with where you're at. So why not.

The fast track meal plan is basic.

2 block meals consisting of the following. You can mix and match from each category but have to have 1 from all three to equal a meal.

Protein = 2 oz chicken, 2 oz turkey or 3 oz white fish
Carbs = 2 whole cucumbers raw, 8 C spinach raw, 4 C raw broccoli, 2.5 C cooked broccoli or 24 Asparagus spears.
Fat = 6 almonds


Who eats 8 C of raw spinach other then Popeye? Seriously this is going to be a challenge.

I committed for two days to see if I could even do it.  I spent tonight cutting, cooking, steaming, baking and sautéing.  This is what my kitchen looked like.  And boy did it smell yummy.

It took me about 3 hour total and I didn't clean up. 




What I cooked:
about 6 crowns of broccoli - steamed
about 80 Asparagus Spears - steamed
2 huge chicken breasts - slow baked with herbs
3 links Chicken Sausage from market, all natural.
2 large Tilapia Filets - blackened and pan fried in 1 Tbl Coconut Oil
2 large Red Peppers, 2 large Green Peppers sautéed in 1/2 Tb bacon grease
1 large and 1 med onion - sautéed in 1/4 Tb bacon grease
 
I measured individually the onion and peppers to equal a total of 2 blocks.  1/2 C onion = 1 block Carbs and 1 1/4 C peppers = 1 block Carbs.  I kept them separate when I cooked them to make measuring more accurate.
 
Let see what the next two days holds........
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!