Friday, March 1, 2019

Pork Roast with Mushroom Gravy - How instant Pot is changing my life


Pork Roast with Mushroom Gravy, yep I said gravy.

This was hands down one of the best "healthy" dishes I've made.  I think because it did not have an appearance, taste or texture of anything healthy.  It was so full of flavor and thickness I almost licked the bowl clean. I did wish I had a huge chunk of fresh crusty bread to dip as I ate, but we can't have everything. :-(

My diets been on point for almost a month now, down 5lbs and feeling pretty good overall.  It's gotten easier and easier to avoid the old habits and keep to new ones.   I am pretty confident this run!

My performance at the Gym is also on point. Well...when I'm there.....ahem.  But when I'm there I'm there and doing great!  My DEAD LIFT went up with a 10 lb PR to 315!  First time in a few years I've had a gain with this lift!

I can throw 100 lb stone to my shoulder 57 times along with the same amount of back squats, burbees and tire jumps in record time of 35 minutes!  


So this Instant Pot thing.  

I've been cooking like crazy with it. That's all I'm going to bore you with.  Get one if you don't have one and cook with it if you do have one.   It makes meal prep a dream!

Heres the link to the recipe and I followed it pretty true to what they have.
https://www.healthstartsinthekitchen.com/

Low-Carb Pressure Cooker Port Roast with Mushroom Gravy

Ingredients

  • 2 to 3 pound pork roast preferably a fatty cut
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 4 cups chopped cauliflower
  • 1 medium onion
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 2 ribs celery
  • 8 ounces portabella mushrooms sliced
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee
  • 2 cups water

Instructions

  • In the bottom of your pressure cooker, place cauliflower, onion, garlic, celery and water. Top with pork roast and season with sea salt & pepper.
  • Cook under pressure for 90 minutes if your roast is frozen, 60 minutes if completely thawed. Quick depressurize following manufactures directions.
  • Carefully remove pork roast from the pressure cooker and place in an oven proof dish. Bake at 400 degrees while preparing the gravy, this helps to render the fat and crisp up the edges of the pork to be more like as if it was slow roasted.
  • Transfer cooked vegetables and broth to your blender and blend until smooth, set aside.
  • In your (dirty) pressure cooker (on the saute function) cook mushrooms in coconut oil until soft, roughly 3-5 minutes. Add blended vegetables and continue to cook on the saute function until it is thickened as desired.
  • Serve mushroom gravy over shredded pork

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!