Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Chicken Thighs with Artichokes, Lemon and Potoatos

After a day that start at 4:30 am the last thing I want to do is come home and cook.  I'm sure this is the case for most of us.

I am always amazed at the internet and how easy it is to search the names of two ingredients and find a recipe to make.

I had some fresh chicken thighs and a jar of artichoke hearts and this is what I made.   And let me just tell you the flavor is Amazing!!


https://www.cleaneatingmag.com/recipes/chicken-artichoke-baby-potato-roast-with-greek-herbs-lemon

Of course I altered it slightly and didn't really follow the measurements, but it came out perfect.  Super easy, only about an hour total time from prep to eating.  And the best part, only a handful of dirty dishes.


I added the potatoes for the husband, but I could also see this dish served over pasta.  I made sure to include all the juice from the jar of artichokes so it made a nice sauce.


I went liberal on the red pepper flakes for a zing and left out the feta cheese.



Ingredients

  • Olive oil cooking spray
  • 4 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs (about 1⁄ lb total)
  • 1 large lemon
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 1 8-oz box frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and drained
  • 1 1/4 lb baby red, white or yellow potatoes, scrubbed and quartered (about 12)
  • 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
  • Pinch fresh ground black pepper
  • 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese, room temperature

Preparation

  1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and mist with cooking spray. Using paper towels, pat chicken dry. Zest half of lemon and cut remaining half into wedges. Using tongs, in a large bowl, toss chicken with lemon zest, lemon wedges, garlic, artichokes, potatoes, oregano, oil, salt, pepper flakes and black pepper until well coated. Spread chicken and vegetables onto a large baking sheet or baking dish.
  2. Roast for about 45 minutes, turning chicken and vegetables halfway, until potatoes are tender and an internal thermometer inserted into center of chicken thigh reaches 165°F. Remove and discard lemon wedges. Divide chicken and vegetables between serving plates and sprinkle with cheese.



  • Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh and 3/4 cup vegetables
  • Calories: 396
  • Carbohydrate Content: 31 g
  • Cholesterol Content: 149 mg
  • Fat Content: 15 g
  • Fiber Content: 4 g
  • Protein Content: 33 g
  • Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
  • Sodium Content: 500 mg
  • Sugar Content: 1 g
  • Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Comments help me improve this site for others to use and keeps me motivated to continue on my journey if its helping others!